This comprehensive 2-day programme has been specifically designed to assist you in the formulation of an effective strategic direction for your organisation and division. Combining the processes of strategic thinking, strategic planning and tactical implementation, it will provide you with a set of generally applicable principles for the development of a sustainable competitive advantage.
Order Printed Brochure | View more courses
Effective Strategic Thinking
This comprehensive 2-day programme has been specifically designed to assist you in the formulation of an effective strategic direction for your organisation and division.
You will learn to:
- Gain insight into the driving forces behind the new competitive paradigm
- Systematically develop a sustainable competitive advantage based on your organisation's core competencies
- Create an infrastructure for the continuous review and redefinition of your strategic direction to maximise results, while minimising the time spent on this process
- Recognise and capitalise on new developments and opportunities in the market
In the dynamic business arena of the 21st century, it is becoming increasingly challenging to define a strategic direction for your organisation. Although future planning remains essential to ensure success and facilitate growth and expansion, ever increasing competition and rapidly changing business conditions impact significantly on the long-term suitability of strategic planning. This necessitates continuous evaluation and updating of your strategies, and a creative approach to capitalising on opportunities in the market.
This practical 2-day programme has proven effective in aiding South-African and European business managers in transforming their organisations into a state of positive flux, where the company and its people are able to adapt to the flow of new business ideas and strategies. It will provide you with a set of generally applicable principles for the development of a sustainable competitive advantage.
Combining the processes of strategic thinking, strategic planning and tactical implementation, it will address the following questions:
- To what extent does strategic direction contribute to the success of an organisation and how does it impact on the day-to-day activities of each department?
- How can you develop a sustainable competitive advantage based on your organisations core competencies?
- How have other successful companies incorporated the concept of 'added value' in their long-term vision and strategic planning?
- What is the most effective way to plan for the future and implement champion tactics in the present?
Planning for success with effective strategic thinking
- Evaluating the 5 strategic management tasks:
- Formulating a clear vision of the future and translating it into a mission statement
- Setting attainable strategic objectives
- Defining a strategy best suited to achieving these objectives and realising your vision
- Successfully implementing your strategies and measuring performance
- Updating and recycling your strategic plan to suit changing circumstances
Planning and developing a sustainable competitive advantage
Understanding the new competitive paradigm
Examining the criteria for sustainable competitive advantage
Relating sustainable competitive advantage to core competence
- Defining the elements of core competence
- Evaluating your organisation's unique key skills
Aligning your organisation's strategy to industry conditions
- Using an architecture of competence and strategy to bridge the gap between existing and required core competence
- Identifying the key elements that shape your company's strategy
- Investigating generic competitive strategies
- Differentiating between offensive and defensive strategies
- Examining the potential and suitability of vertical integration and diversification strategies
Once you have registered, you will receive a case study as pre-course preparation. This case study will be used as a point of reference and example of application for all the strategic principles that are covered in the course. It is therefore essential that you read this material prior to attending the course.
Who should attend?
This programme will be extremely beneficial to all managers who have never received formal management training. It will also benefit experienced managers and senior executives who wish to enhance their management skills.
Request Proposal for On-Site Training