A practical 1-day workshop has been developed with a specific focus on the leadership skills essential to the South African business environment. You will learn simple and proven techniques of leading your team toward on-going success.
"The course was excellent. I can recommend others attend" - Adrian Cotzee - SASBO
"The course was extremely informative" - Susan Robinson - SRTMS
Order Printed Brochure | View more courses
Essential Leadership Skills For the South African Business Environment
Company hierarchies world-wide are becoming flatter and leaner. Increasingly, the focus is shifting from management and supervision of staff and tasks, to leading independent and competent individuals and teams. If this is carried out correctly, it enables business to harness and capitalise on the wealth of human resources available within the organisation.
Existing and aspiring managers and supervisors who want to succeed in this new business environment require a host of new skills. They need to set realistic goals and align the demands of business with the capabilities of their team to ensure that these goals are reached. This requires both determined task management and effective people management. Managers, supervisors and team leaders also have to be able to apply a host of interpersonal skills to ensure that internal conflicts are resolved and staff are continuously motivated for maximum productivity.
This practical 1-day workshop has been developed with a specific focus on the skills essential to the South African business environment. Delegates will learn simple and proven techniques enabling them to lead their teams toward on-going success.
Taking a closer look at leadership
- Examining the differences between leadership and management
- Identifying the role and responsibility of a proficient leader
- Revamping outdated ideas in business
- Leadership in the 21st century: why leadership is essential to succeed in the modern business environment.
Examining leadership skills
- What do successful leaders know about people, communication and vision?
- Learning the secrets of effective decision-making
- Combining profitable task and knowledge management with leadership
- Acquiring effective self-management skills
- Evaluating your own leadership techniques
Leading with confidence
- Dealing with conflict and negative behaviour
- Facilitating honest feedback and using this to improve your own and your team's performance
- Managing risks, whilst still encouraging yourself and others to try new ideas and make mistakes, to improve performance
- Learning to be flexible, whilst still focusing on and achieving the final goal
- Believing in and marketing yourself as a successful leader
Leading and motivating a successful team
- Identifying the types of followers in your team
- Aligning the demands of business with the needs and abilities within your team
- Gaining your team's trust as a foundation for success
- Getting your team to take responsibility for their performance and commit to success
- Embracing and managing change
Avoiding the most common leadership pitfalls
- Avoiding overcompensating for authoritarian practices
- Leading experienced, independent and competent people with confidence
- Realising the benefits of effective delegation
- Devoting enough time to both the tasks and people you are responsible for
- Learning from experienced leaders
Who should attend?
This course will be of particular benefit to managers, supervisors and team-leaders.
The practical, interactive nature of this workshop will ensure that delegates' specific queries and areas of interest are addressed.
Request Proposal for On-Site Training