Your guide to effective time management. This practical 1-day course will enable you to maintain control of your workload, ensuring that you get everything done on time. You will learn how to work smarter and quicker, achieving more without working harder. It will also enable you to deal effectively with events and people that impact on your time, ensuring that you still achieve your goals.
"The course exceeded my expectations. I can recommend it to all" C. Gouws, ABI
"The practical sessions were very enjoyable" Lauren de Freitas, Self Adhering Products
"The course was well attended and well organised, the instructor was very knowledgable on the subject" - C Palinhos - Rely Precision Castings
Order Printed Brochure | View more courses
'So much to do, so little time.' In most of our lives, this is all too true. And while the workload is increasing almost daily, time is a commodity that we cannot save for later use and cannot make more of. The only way to maintain control of our days and our workload is to learn how to do more in less time.
This practical 1-day course will enable you to do just that! You will learn how to work smarter and quicker, achieving more without working harder. It will also enable you to deal effectively with events and people that impact on your time, ensuring that you still achieve your goals.
Realistically assessing your workload
- Identifying your area of responsibility
- Structuring and prioritising your workload
- Estimating the time required to do the job properly
- Completing important tasks first
Where does your day go?
- Dealing with constant interruptions from others
- Avoiding long, unproductive phone calls
- Understanding how you waste your own time, adding to pressure on yourself
- Ensuring that meetings are short and to the point
Relax, breathe and get organised
- Understanding the difference between working effectively and efficiently
- Learning how to set and achieve realistic goals
- Completing unpleasant or boring tasks
- Finding simple ways of decreasing your workload, while increasing your performance
- Adapting to changing workloads, available timeframes and changing priorities
Establishing your own limits
- Acknowledging realistic limits to your ability
- Refusing more work - even from superiors
- Finding the best person for the job - and letting them do it
- What to do when someone else's bad planning impacts on your time and performance
- Understanding how stress impacts on your productivity
- Dealing with conflicting priorities
- Learning to focus under pressure
- Managing crises effectively and continuing your day after it's solved
Managing your day by managing the people you work with
- Dealing with difficult behaviour from co-workers, superiors and customers - on the phone and in person
- Communicating clearly to avoid misunderstandings that waste time
- Listening effectively to ensure that you understand what is expected from you
- Getting others to do the work you are waiting for, and dealing with conflict situations that might occur as a result
Please remember to bring your diary or any other tool you are currently using to plan your day.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone within your organisation wishing to get more work done, more effectively, in less time.
Request Proposal for On-Site Training